Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ramblings

I haven't posted in a while due to one simple reason:
THESIS
THESIS
THESIS

I have been furiously working on my thesis all week. This means that I have been thinking theo-philosophical thoughts all week, and yet it has mostly been intellectual and not spiritual. Though there has been some spiritualness involved. I enjoy the writing and I enjoy the thinking but I don't enjoy working on the outlining. It is something I have never really done in all of writing career (I know, how could I have gotten this far with "A's" and not done outlines). Consequently I am not used to it, and it is highly frustrating. Oh well, so goes life. I am about half way through.

And all the while I have been reading the most depressing book in the Bible . . . Ecclesiastes. "Vanity of Vanities, all is vanity." Truly a confusing book. Our pastor is doing a series on confusing sayings of Jesus . . . I wish he would parse Ecclesiastes for me. Is the teacher saying that all of life is vanity and we should follow the commandments of God while enjoying the pleasures of life? Is he saying that even following the commandments of God is vanity. All I can say for sure is that he does believe that whether good or bad we are all gonna die.

Someone forgot to take his happy pills!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, I know you're thesis is pretty much done. When are you back to blogging, my brother??