Thursday, February 22, 2007

Today is "Babel" day . . . hope someone understands

What can I say folks, too much going on at the moment and too much scripture has led me to delay this and delay this blog -- even though I have had some great ideas.

#1) I have been reading/contemplating/meditating/theorizing/theologizing/philosophizing on what is arguably the most crucial FOUNDATIONAL (because paul expounds greatly on it in other places -- thanks Brian) passage for evangelical theology: Rom 5-8. Now even if you don't happen to be the long winded writer that I am, just try saying something short, sweet, and simply about this!!!

#2) Along with everything else that goes along with stewarding the menagerie, my heart is breaking. Breaking for my wife -- for the stress she faces as the sole bread-winner, breaking for my Mom -- in the slow loss of her own mothre, and breaking for myself for the above and other various and different reasons.

#3) I feel as if I have had an atomic bomb go off inside my skull.

So now for something completely different:
My Psalm for the day: Psalms 1o7 23-30

23Those who go down to the sea in ships, Who do business on great waters; 24They have seen the works of the LORD, And His wonders in the deep. 25For He spoke and raised up a stormy wind, Which lifted up the waves of the sea. 26They rose up to the heavens, they went down to the depths; Their soul melted away in their misery. 27They reeled and staggered like a drunken man, And were at their wits' end. 28Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, And He brought them out of their distresses. 29He caused the storm to be still, So that the waves of the sea were hushed. 30Then they were glad because they were quiet, So He guided them to their desired haven.

this is what I have needed today. I have need the seas to be calmed and be led into my desired haven. And yet, God has not seen fit to do this for me today, as I am sure he did not see fit to do it for David as he cried out so many times.

As for one of the greatest orators/debators/logicians in the history of the world bar none (Paul) I will say this. throughout Rom 5-8 there is much talk about the mind and the flesh. At one point in 6 Paul brings up the heart. Finally in 8 somehow, someway he combines them into a whole where the mortal body is sustained by the Spirit of God and the heart and mind are combined with the same spirit.

Now any of my philosophical colleagues would rail against this barely sketched arguement but I don't have the energy, desire or for that matter the care to make it more focused. Suffice it to say we are talking about a difference between an Adamic vs. Christic Culture. AND THIS WILL BE FOLLOWED UP ON.

my love in Christ to all who read this.

Brad

1 comment:

Kate said...

I really liked what you wrote today. I love you honey.