Saturday, February 24, 2007

lemme' 'splain . . . no no lemme sum up

My scripture study this week has consisted of two things.
First, a true study of passages, it was psalms 63 earlier this week, and I am still working on Romans. Though I hope to have something significant to say about that later today, it will be an ongoing study because it is key to a part of my thesis.
The second consists of opening the psalms and either finding a passage immediately that touches me, or flipping through until I do. Not very scientific I know, but hey I grew up in Charismatic Pentacostal churches so some of that pure "leading of the spirit" in my scripture study remains!!

There is an actual reason for this though. Amy and Katie have been reading a book called "The Divine Hours" Edited by Philys Tickle. (That name just fills us with tickles till were pink!). It is a book of liturgical prayers and psalms for the day. Kate has been taking hers to work with her so I haven't had access to it. But the Psalms seem to be working for quite well.

I found two today. One was a psalm of Solomon that the NASB marks as being about "The Reign of the Messiah." This one is good for later comment. on Adamic/Christic thingy.

MY psalm for today though comes Asaph Psalm 73: 25-28

25 Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And besides Thee I desire nothing on earth
26 My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 For, Behold those who are far from Thee will perish; Thou hast destroued all those who are unfaithful to Thee.
28Bus as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, That I may tell of all Thy Works.

PREACH IT BROTHA'!!

p.s. please excuse any and all typos lately, I have a new Laptop curtesy of Voc Rehab and I am getting used to the millimetric differences in the keyboard.

May God bless you today and keep you in His refuge. In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; amen

p.p.s. a reward for anyone reading this who can tell me what movie this post title quotes, and an extra bonus if you can tell me which tv show the actor is now in.

1 comment:

Jim Ladd said...

Great blogg today, Brad! God is everything or He's nothing at all, I believe.

The title comes from "The Princess Bride" and the actor is now on a series about homicides, but I can't recall the name. The actor is Mandy Patinkin who was also in Chicago Hope years ago.

What's my prize??? A knock on the head? "I do not envy the headache you shall have when you awake. But in the meantime, sleep well and dream of large women!"