Friday, November 09, 2007

STOP SPEAKING THE GOSPEL!!!!

I have spent over three years deep within philosophy and theology.

I love it. I am exploring a theology which I feel can have a major impact on our christian lives. Thinking and stratagizing and analyzing is what I love.

HOWEVER . . . There is more. Because of page length constraints the end of my thesis is only the jumping off point.

Here is the key: Praxis Praxis Praxis.

So what is my desperate desire??

Our church is considering "adopting" an area of Denver that has some significant needs. Needs that have nothing to do with orally "preaching the Gospel."

Rather, these needs have everything to do with preaching the Gospel as Christ preached it. Yes, he spoke the Gospel, he taught. But more importantly he LIVED the Gospel. He was overflowing with the Love that IS God.

So how do we do this?

Simple, we find a need and we fill it. We become servants. We live as if we are responsible for the other person.

I want our church to reach out in love and fill the needs of this adopted community. Fill the "secular" needs.

The example I see is a church and outreach orginization in downtown Toronto. This place opens its doors the community. The teach ESL, they teach computer skills, the have a food pantry. They recognize a need in the community and do everything they can to fill it.

Come on folks, I am calling for us to stop speaking the Gospel

Lets LIVE it!!

No comments: